How to Setup and Connect to Wi-Fi In Your Mercedes-Benz
One of the greatest technological innovations to be added to Mercedes-Benz vehicles in recent years is the ability to connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot in your vehicle. This has a couple benefits. For one, you can avoid overage charges with your cellphone carrier, which can just be annoying. And two, it allows devices like tablets or laptops that may not have 4G capability to easily connect to the Internet with a connection that is secure and fast.
Of course, if you want to use this feature, you’ll need to know how to set it up and how to connect your devices to the Wi-Fi hotspot in your Mercedes-Benz. Don’t worry though. We are here to walk you through it.
How to Get Wi-Fi In Your Mercedes-Benz
To setup the Wi-Fi in your vehicle, you’ll need to access the infotainment system. Use the dial in your vehicle to navigate through the screen menu.
- From the Main Menu, select System.
- Then, select Connectivity.
- Select Set Up Hotspot.
- Select Activate Vehicle Hotspot.
Once that’s taken care of, stay on the screen for a moment. The Wi-Fi in your vehicle should be activated at this point but you’ll still need to connect your device. Here’s how:
- From the same menu, select Connect Device to Vehicle Hotspot.
- When the popup screen appears, locate the password for your Wi-Fi hotspot. It should be a collection of numbers and letters.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings menu in your device and find the hotspot named MB Hotspot. Select it and then enter the password on the infotainment screen.
It’s really that simple to get speedy and simple connectivity in your vehicle for up to 8 devices. To learn more about your Mercedes-Benz and its technology capabilities, check back to the Mercedes-Benz of Hilton Head blog.